Odin tool can be used to flash or root any Samsung android phone if appropriate Stock or root files is available.
Samsung Odin Features
- Flash Stock Firmware – With Odin, you can Flash stock firmware on your Samsung Device. So this is extremely useful to come with a fix in a condition like crash, boot loop or any issue related to software operations.
- Flash Custom Firmware (Flashing Custom ROM) – Flashing a Custom firmware stands for replacing content aiming modifications in the firmware. Odin allows an effective processing.
- Flash Recovery File (TWRP) – Like Stock and Custom firmware flashing Odin gives the chance for flash Stock or Custom Recovery. In that way, you will be able to add many sorts of functions to your Samsung Android device.
- Flash Kernels ( .tar/.zip/.img) – Flashing Stock or Custom Kernels is possible. Notice, you must have Odin flashable custom kernel (.tar) and compatible with your Android device.
- Flash Root Package (MD5 and .tar files) – Odin can Flash custom root packages on your device to letting root access.
Odin Download Links.
Odin3 v3.13.1: Download
Odin3-v3.14.4: Download – LATEST
How do you use Odin?
Firstly, Make sure to install Samsung USB Driver.
1- Download Odin tool. Unzip file then run .exe file.
2- then select Flash File.
BL File should be selected in BL.
AP file in AP.
CP File in CP.
Home CSC or CSC file in CSC.
3- then connect phone in Download mode using Volume Down+ Home + Menu for most of the Samsung Android phones. (Download Key can differ for the new Model)
4- If connected & Identified by tool, LOG message box will prompt a message as Added.
5- Click on Start to flash.
What is Odin mode on a phone?
Download mode which is used to flash Samsung phone is known as Odin mode.
Does using Odin void warranty?
If odin is used for flashing then it has nothing to do with warranty. But in a case, if it is used to root any samsung phone then it voids the warranty of the device.
Does Odin root your phone?
Odin is a tool which is used to flash phone. It can also be used to root samsung android phone with root file. But, Odin itself cannot root any samsung phone.
Which software is used to flash Samsung phones?
Odin is the only official tool which is used pretty all over to flash any Samsung android phone.
How long does Odin take to flash?
It totally depends upon the size of the file. Usually, it took 4- 8 min for flashing.
Does flashing with Odin wipe data?
If only System file i.e AP or PDA file is flashed, it doesn’t delete data within the phone.
But, when flashed with four file i.e. AP, BL, CP and CSC it will erase data within the phone.